OnCommand Unified Manager and OnCommand Performance Manager -> Fully Integrated? Mostly.

Working at a customer site on residency just outside of Baltimore, MD. We have installed and implemented OnCommand Unified Manager 6.4RC1(OCUM) and OnCommand Performance Manager 2.1RC1(OCPM) utilizing the Full Integration feature found in these two products at this release and moving forward. The vApp/ESXi versions were used here, but I suspect using other variants will likely produce similar results.

After the installation, it was determined that the email address for the “admin” account needed to change. Figured I would just go into the GUI and modify the admin email address.

After doing this, anything that was OCUM related got the update. This was also verified on the maintenance console of OCUM:

root@OCUM:/home/diag# mysql -e " select id,name,emailAddress from ocum.authorizationunit;"
+------+--------------+----------------------+
| id   | name         | emailAddress         |
+------+--------------+----------------------+
|    1 | admin        | goodemail99@cust.com |
|    2 | ocpm         | nowhere@cust.com     |
|    3 | Cloud-Admins | NULL                 |
|    4 | RAD-NetOps   | NULL                 |
|    6 | RAD-Archive  | NULL                 |
|    7 | tmccar14     | tmac@netapp.com      |
|  100 | cliadmin     | cliadmin@netapp.com  |
| 1001 | tmac         | NULL                 |
+------+--------------+----------------------+

When we looked on OCPM for something similar, we found this:

root@OCPM:/home/diag# mysql -e " select id,name,emailAddress from ocf.authorizationunit;"
+------+-------+-------------------+
| id   | name  | emailAddress      |
+------+-------+-------------------+
|    1 | admin | bademail@cust.com |
| 1002 | tmac  | NULL              |
+------+-------+-------------------+

Currently, the only way to *fix* this is by enabling the diagnostic user and logging into the maintenance console. (I will not be enabling how to do that here, consult NetApp Tech Support if you really need to do this!). After you are on the maintenance console, I was instructed to use this command to fix the database:

root@OCPM:/home/diag# mysql -e "update ocf.authorizationunit set emailAddress='goodemail99@cust.com' where id=1;"

Re-running the command above showed the updated info:

root@OCPM:/home/diag# mysql -e " select id,name,emailAddress from ocf.authorizationunit;"
+------+-------+----------------------+
| id   | name  | emailAddress         |
+------+-------+----------------------+
| 1    | admin | goodemail99@cust.com |
| 1002 | tmac  | NULL                 |
+------+-------+----------------------+


A bug has been opened to learn about this behavior. Hopefully, they will be able to fix this minor little issue soon.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s